Agenda for EDC meeting 4 Oct 2017
Committee: Eugene Shurts, Larry Nicholl, Chuck Gilbert, John McCarty, Mellissa Smith Don Griffiths Jeff Christensen and Brandon Motley
Motion to approve minutes of 6 Sep2017
- General any items for discussion about the Old School – as needed.
- Pumpkin Walk – borrow tables and chairs for food court on Barnett St.
- items for discussion from Mellissa.
- Demographic study review status.
- Nauvoo infrastructure – discuss needs.
- Do people know what Internet Service is currently available?
- What internet service do we need to attract businesses?
- What can we do to get better cell phone service/signals?
- How do we convince Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile & Sprint to provide better service?
- Begin the process of seeking out and encouraging new companies to set up business in Nauvoo by reviewing, implementing or developing a plan using the following:
- Nauvoo’s Comprehensive plan – created in 2009 –see /www.beautifulnauvoo.com/
- Mapping the Future of Your Community Oct 2009
- Holly Dougherty Memo dated August 14th 2017 –see email
- How does the Chamber of Commerce promote small home business (Nauvoo Handicrafts) – see Larry Nicholl email.
Note: Please reference at least two web sites that list Economic Development plans:
Motion to close the meeting
Next meeting: 1 Nov 2017, 12 Noon at City Hall